Tel: 07720 310 455
The Magical Story Elves – Terms Of Business
Please take a moment to review the following to ensure you are happy to proceed with your booking.
By agreeing to a booking, you accept the terms of business below. If you have any problems, please make them known to us within 7 days of receiving this document, otherwise the booking will proceed as agreed.
TERMS OF BUSINESS where The Magical Story Elves are acting as an Entertainment Service Provider and the booking contact is acting as The Hiring Client.
When acting as an Entertainment Service Provider, Magical Story Elves is party to the contract as the supplier of entertainment services.
Cancellations & Making A Booking
We sincerely hope that nobody will need to cancel a booking, but should it be necessary the following policy applies:
1) In the event of the service having to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of either the hiring client or Magical Story Elves then neither party will have responsibility to the other for any loss suffered thereby. For the avoidance of doubt no fee will be payable by either party in respect of services cancelled by ‘force majeure’.
2) Should you (The Hiring Client) wish to cancel a booking, you agree to be bound by the following scale of charges.
a) Cancellation over 60 days prior to the Event Date: No Fee
b) Cancellation made 15-59 days prior to the Event Date: 50% of Total Invoice
c) Cancellation made less than 15 days prior to the Event Date: 100% of Total Invoice
3) It is an integral part of this agreement that all and such charges are accepted and will be paid within the timescale outlined below. If payment is not complete within this timescale your designated date and time may be offered to another client.
- Deposit payment of 50% of the total invoice value to be paid within 7 days of receiving the invoice to confirm your booking, unless otherwise agreed.
- Out standing balance to be paid 14 days before the event by BAC’s or PayPal, unless otherwise agreed.
- If a booking is made within 14 days of the event, full payment will be needed upfront by BAC’s or PayPal to confirm the booking, unless otherwise agreed.
4) To secure a booking, a deposit payment of 50% will need to be paid within 7 days of invoice to confirm your booking, unless otherwise agreed. Deposit payments are non-refundable within 59 days of the event, except where an engagement is cancelled by us or by ‘force majeure’, in which case all payments will be immediately refunded in full.
5) The balance on any engagement is due to be paid by BAC’s or Paypal to The Magical Story Elves no later than 14 days prior to the event, unless agreed otherwise in advance.
6) To ensure that there are no non-appearances or let downs, all verbal agreements are confirmed by the payment of our invoice, or agreement in writing.
7) If the venue provided by The Hiring Client is unable to accommodate the Acts(s) and the Act(s) is/are unable to perform for this reason The Client will be liable for cancellation charges as outlined above.
8) The Hiring Client agrees that if any Act is threatened, abused verbally or physically by anyone present at the performance then the Act will be entitled not to perform, without penalty. All Fees will remain payable by The Client.
9) In the event that any Act is unable to complete a performance due to a delay in the start of the performance schedule, where such delay is no fault of the Act, the Client shall remain liable to pay the full Fee due.
10) An Act is not obligated to finish any performance that has started late due to the Clients actions or to extend the length of any performance.
11) Any booking negotiated through this Entertainment Service Provider shall be subject to these Terms of Business unless otherwise agreed in writing between all concerned parties.
12) No servant or agent of this Entertainment Service Provider has the individual power to vary these terms and conditions.
13) The hirer and the performer agree to abide by current Government COVID Guidelines to ensure the safety of all involved.
14) The Client shall provide a suitable performance area for the Act(s) and ensure there is an adequate power supply which meets industry standards if electrical equipment is to be used as part of the performance.
15) The Client agrees not to approach any member of the Magical Story Elves team directly to engage for further bookings and that all future bookings are made through this office. This ruling becomes exempt after 18 months from the last provided service by this specific team member or by this, or any related hiring client.
16) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.